New York City is an international metropolis, which welcomes around 50 million tourists annually.
In Manhattan’s Midtown are some of New York City’s most iconic symbols; structures like the Empire State Building, the Rockefeller Center, and the Grand Central Terminal.
- Times Square and Broadway provide New York City with near-endless theatre and entertainment choices.
- Fifth Avenue is one of the world’s best shopping districts.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Guggenheim are just two examples of New York City’s cultural collection.
- Central Park is the city’s green lung, where New Yorkers come to exercise and relax.
- The Reflecting Absence memorial and museum honours the 3000 people who lost their lives on September 11, 2001.
- Little Italy packs the tastes and flavors of Italy into a couple of streets, while Soho attracts well-heeled bohemians.
- Greenwich Village has cafés and bars where the likes of Bob Dylan first performed.
- Brooklyn and Coney Island are two distinct districts easily reachable from Manhattan..