New York is the most populous city in the United States and the centre of the New York Metropolitan Area, one of the most populous urban agglomerations in the world.
The most important places to visit in New York are:
- Brooklyn Bridge – built in 1883, it is one of the oldest suspension bridges in America and continues to inspire the people of New York City.
- Wall Street – See where billions are won or lost in seconds.
- Central Park – One of the world’s greatest urban parks. Get involved in an outdoor activity or watch New Yorkers go about their exercise routines.
- Empire State Building – An American icon, which was built remarkably during the Great Depression. Ride to the top for unmatched city views.
- Times Square – Best experienced at night. First time visitors are simply in awe amidst the bright neon lights.
- Statue of Liberty – This is one landmark you must visit. The ultimate symbol of New York City.
If you want to save time and money, the most important New York travel tip is to compare prices before booking a hotel room or a flight.