The Isle of Wight is an island that is just 23 miles long and 13 miles wide. It is situated at the far South of Great Britain, sandwiched between France and the UK and is just 3 miles from Portsmouth’s coast. The Isle of Wight is one of Britain’s best-loved destinations. There’s plenty to see and do, whether you visit for a day trip, a pop festival, a spot of yachting or a longer break.
5 Things to see:
- Blackgang Chine is famous for being the oldest theme park in the world.
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway – a really great afternoon out.
- Dinosaur Isle – The exhibition is fabulous and great for damper days when the beach isn’t calling!
- Carisbrooke Castle – The Island’s most famous historical monument where Charles I was imprisoned in 1648.
- Godshill Model Village – One of the Islands smaller attractions, but one of the best kept and most charming of the whole lot.
Small Railway Journeys – Isle of Wight