Tokyo is the capital and largest city of Japan. The Greater Tokyo Area is the most populous metropolitan area in the world. It is the seat of the Emperor of Japan and the Japanese government. Tokyo is in the Kantō region on the southeastern side of the main island Honshu and includes the Izu Islands and Ogasawara Islands.
Places To Visit
- Sensō-ji – Tokyo’s largest ancient Buddhist temple and a major Tokyo attraction for Japanese and foreigners located in Asakusa.
- Meiji Shrine – the Shinto shrine that is dedicated to the deified spirits of Emperor Meiji and his wife, Empress Shōken.
- Tokyo Imperial Palace – the main residence of the Emperor of Japan.
- Tsukiji Market – the biggest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world.
- Tokyo Skytree – the tallest tower in Japan.