Paris is the capital and largest city of France. It is situated on the river Seine, in northern France, at the heart of the Ile-de-France region.
The most important places to visit in Paris are:
- Place de la Concorde is the largest square in Paris, it has a 3000 year old Egyptian obelisk and is particularly beautiful at night.
- Pompidou Center is a colourfully creative modern building housing a vast collection of modern art.
- Arc de Triomphe, built in the early 1800s by Napoleon, the Arc is a symbol of national pride. At the top, you’ll find fantastic views of Paris.
- Versailles Palace is a royal château just outside of Paris has grand architecture, 700 rooms and beautiful gardens.
- Notre Dame, one of the most recognized symbols in the world and over 750 years old, Notre Dame has incredibly detailed Gothic architecture.
- Sacré-Coeur is a Byzantine style church, despised by intellectuals when it was built, it is a must see for Paris visitors.
- Louvre Museum hosts thousands of pieces of great art, including Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
- Eiffel Tower – amongst the most recognizable and visited monuments in the world, everyone must experience the Eiffel Tower in their lifetime.