Floating like an emerald tear drop between the waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea is the island nation of St Lucia.
Things To See & Do
- The capital is Castries and you can visit the basilica, filled with murals that blend the colours and traditions of Africa, the Caribbean and the West.
- At the Central Market, you can enjoy real St Lucian home cooking, and browse crafts made by local hands.
- The sleepy French colonial town, Soufriere, is cradled by some of the island’s greatest natural treasures.
- Just a short boat ride away is one island’s finest resort beaches, Anse Chastanet.
- Between the two volcanic spires of Gros and Petit Piton, is one of the west coast’s most secluded hideaways, Sugar Beach.
Note: Peg Leg Le Clerc, actually settled on Pigeon Island around 1550, not 1950!