The Florida Keys are the famous island chain at the southern tip of Florida with an average daily temperature of 25.5 degrees C.
Key West is famous for watersports, lively nightlife, beaches and historic sites.
If you want a wildlife adventure there are shark and wildlife tours where you can explore the waters of Key West in search of sharks and other aquatic wildlife.
Other Things To See And Do:
- Duval Street – an energetic strip of shops, bars and cafes.
- Sloppy Joe’s bar – a favourite haunt of novelist Ernest Hemingway
- The Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum (look for the celebrated six-toed cats).
- Key West City Cemetery was built in 1847 and some of the oldest families in the Keys rest in peace here. The cemetery offers a glimpse of Key West’s past and its offbeat sense of humour. There are headstones adorned with seashells, macramé and inscriptions that read, “I told you I was sick,” and “At least I know where he’s sleeping tonight.” You could have a guided tour chaperoned by a guide from the Historic Florida Keys Foundation.
- Walking tours are the best way to see the island’s intriguing architecture, courtyards and gardens.