San Francisco, officially the City and County of San Francisco, is the leading financial and cultural centre of Northern California and the San Francisco Bay Area.
The most important places to visit in San Francisco are:
- Golden Gate Bridge (no trip to San Francisco is complete without a visit to the Golden Gate Bridge. It truly is a special site that you will remember for a long time)
- Alcatraz Island (located in San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz used to have a prison which housed some of the toughest criminals. You can take a tour of the prison today)
- Coit Tower (gracing the landscape of San Francisco, the art deco tower was constructed to beautify the city. The observation tower at the top offers excellent city views)
- Golden Gate Park (it’s an oasis that offers an escape from the city. The large park has beautiful landscape design with well-maintained gardens)
- Architectural heritage (a favourite activity for visitors to San Francisco is enjoying the architecture of local houses. These houses can even be found on many city postcards),
- Fisherman’s Wharf (a popular tourist attraction. Fisherman’s Wharf many activities, like boat cruises and you may even be able to watch sea lions in action)
- Cable cars (one of San Francisco’s icons, cable cars are not only fun to ride, but also an efficient means for getting to various attractions within San Francisco) and many more.