Rhubarb is a delicious and beneficial food for you and your family to enjoy! Learn everything you need to know about buying, storing, and preparing rhubarb in this short video.
Health Benefits of Rhubarb
- Weight Loss: Rhubarb is one of the lowest calorific vegetables on the market, and as such, it is often recommended for people who are struggling to lose weight, but still want to remain healthy. 100 grams of rhubarb contains only 21 calories, so feel free to load up on the rhubarb without packing on any pounds.
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Rhubarb is extremely low in fat and cholesterol, the vegetable poses no threat to cardiovascular health, and it can actually increase the levels of good cholesterol due to the presence of dietary fibre.
- Digestion: The high amount of fibre found in rhubarb can help guaranteed a healthy digestive system by making sure that bowel movements are smooth and regular.
- Alzheimer’s Disease: The most prominent vitamin in rhubarb is actually vitamin K. Vitamin K plays a very significant role in brain and neuronal health. It can prevent the oxidation of brain cells and stimulates cognitive activity, thereby helping to delay or even prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Bone Health: Vitamin K also stimulates bone growth and repair, when combined with the rich amount of calcium and other minerals found in rhubarb, it is great for bone protection.